Translate

Wednesday 21 September 2016

Through all the changing scenes of life (Tune: Irish)


First Line:Through all the changing scenes of life, In trouble and in woe
Meter:8.6.8.6
Source:Tate and Brady's New Version, 1696, 1698
Language:English
1 Through all the changing scenes of life,
in trouble and in joy,
the praises of my God shall still
my heart and tongue employ.
2 O magnify the Lord with me,
with me exalt his name;
when in distress to him I called,
he to my rescue came.
3 The hosts of God encamp around
the dwellings of the just;
deliverance he affords to all
who on his succour trust.
4 O make but trial of his love,
experience will decide
how blest are they, and only they,
who in his truth confide!
5 Fear him, ye saints, and you will then
have nothing else to fear;
make you his service your delight,
your wants shall be his care.
6 To Father, Son, and Holy Ghost,
the God whom we adore,
be glory, as it was, is now,
and shall be evermore.

No comments: